Welcome To Our New Website!
Grunge Contest - Update!
Grunge Contest - Update!
We hope you're finishing your binding, getting a label applied. While the world went a little sideways since we announced this contest in January, it's still a thing. It's still a go.
Here's what you need to know - today, Tuesday, August 25.
Pretty Grunge Picture courtesy of Rhinetex.
How to enter. There are two ways to enter the Grunge 2020 Contest. All entries will be photos of the quilt - more than one photo is allowed.
- Participating Shop. There are many participating shops so ask if your local shop is still participating in the Grunge Contest.
- Individual Entries. Because of the changes in our world, and because we'd had so many requests, we are going to accept entries directly from individuals. There will be a 2020 Grunge Contest Entry Form on the Moda website starting Tuesday, September 1. (We're including the link here but don't worry as it probably won't work until September 1.)
Deadline. The deadline to submit entries is September 14, 2020. If you're entering at your favorite quilt shop, be sure to check with them for their dates.
Fabrics. The quilt top and back must be made with Moda Grunge brand fabrics - and only Moda Grunge brand fabrics. The collections include Grunge, Grunge Hits the Spot, Grunge Metallic Hits the Spot, Grunge Seeing Stars, Grunge Metallics Seeing Stars, Grunge Metallics and Glitter Grunge.
Pretty Grunge picture courtesy of Machemeronline.
- Type of Project. Any type of construction may be used to make the quilt - piecing and appliqué, embroidery, hand or machine quilting. But the work must be original - commercial patterns or books may not be used.
- Size. The finished size of the quilt must not exceed 240" around. E.g., a 60" x 60" quilt will be 240" total size. A 60" x 70" quilt will be too big at 260" total size.
- Finished Quilts Only. Quilts must be quilted and bound to be considered in the final judging.
- Quilt Label. The quilt must be labeled, and it must include the Maker's name, the Quilter's name - if different, the city and contact information of the Maker.
Limit on Entries? One entry per shop. One entry per Individual. If you enter your quilt at a shop, and on your own, it will still count as only one entry, even if the two quilts are different. (Pick your favorite.)
One entry per Individual.
Pretty Grunge picture courtesy of Vickys Fabrics Kauai.
Prizes! The top three quilts will be shared on Moda's social media. We know it's not nearly as exciting as having the quilts hang in the booth at Fall Quilt Market but now you don't have to send the quilts to Dallas. And there is still prize money! That hasn't changed.
First prize - $2,000. Second prize - $1,000. Third prize - $750.
Pretty Grunge image courtesy of BasicGrey.
Remember, the link to the 2020 Grunge Contest Entry Form probably won't work until Tuesday, September 1. We'll be back with a reminder then. You'll still have two weeks to enter.
Or three weeks to quick make a quilt.
Stay safe. Get Grunge-y.