Quilt-along with Moda
Quilt-along with Moda
It's May and while we've been quilting-along since January, there are still several on the horizon. And a few of the QALs - shorthand for quilt-alongs - have been a bit delayed in starting.
So what are we getting ready for? The quilters in the office aren't participating in all of these, but a few of us might be quilting-along with a couple of them.
While we continue to update these as dates and information changes, this calendar is divided into four sections: Starting Soon, Summer Fun!, On-Going, and Months Away.
On the Horizon... aka Starting Soon.
May through October 2021 – Prairie Days Sampler
- Duration – 6 months
- Make this lap-sized sampler quilt, or six mini quilts.
- Collection – Prairie Dreams by Kansas Troubles
- Yardage Requirements - 1 Layer Cake of Prairie Dreams and coordinating yardage.
- Kits? Ask at your favorite quilt shop or KT Quilts.
- Pattern – Prairie Days Sampler booklet is required.
- Hosted by Lynne Hagmeier - Kansas Troubles Blog and on Kansas Troubles Quilters Facebook Page.
- Fabric Update: Prairie Dreams pre-cuts and yardage is in shops now.
- #ktprairiedayssamplerqal & #quiltalongwithktq
June through September 2021 – Primitive Gatherings American Quilter
- This SAL has started - the most recent post is for Block 3, and it links to the first two blocks - American Quilter's SAL - Block 3
- Duration – 20 weeks.
- Collection – American Gatherings by Primitive Gatherings.
- Yardage required: 1 FQ Bundle of American Gatherings and 4 yards of background – Primitive Gatherings Navy Primitive Muslin (SKU 1040-42) or BasicGrey Grunge in Eggshell (SKU 30150 531).
- Pattern – Lisa Bongean will be sharing one block each week on her blog. The pattern is available as a free download.
- Hosted by Lisa Bongean - www.lisabongean.com
- Specific information about this Stitch-Along can be found here - American Quilter Stitch-Along 2021
- Fat Quarter Bundle Update: American Gathering Fat Quarter bundles are in shops now.
June/July 2021 – Jardin de Fleur Swoon Sixteen
- Starting date – June 1.
- Duration – 8 weeks.
- Collection – Jardin de Fleur by French General.
- Pattern – Swoon Sixteen by Camille Roskelley for Thimble Blossoms. (TB188)
- Hosted by Anna Dineen on Instagram - @mywanderingpath - and My Wandering Path Blog
- Week 1 - Jardin de Fleurs QAL
- Fabric Update: The Kits and pre-cuts for this quilt have shipped and the QAL has started.
July - August 2021 – Spring in Paris
- Round 2 - starting July 7!
- While the Fat Eighth bundles for Dance In Paris won't ship until late-May, the QAL will be stretched out to allow those waiting for bundles to get caught up. The first two weeks are for planning and fabrics, and the next couple weeks will be sewing tips.
- Duration – 10 weeks.
- Collection – Dance in Paris by Zen Chic
- Pattern – Spring in Paris by Zen Chic (ZC SPQP)
- Fabric Requirements – 1 F8 Bundle of Dance in Paris – 1740F8M or 14 assorted F8s from the collection, 2 5/8 yards Bella Solid White for background – 9900 98, ½ yard for binding – 1745 17M, 3 ¾ yards for backing – 1745 11M.
- KIT1740 – This quilt is also a Moda Kit.
- 60* ruler or ruler with a 60* line is required.
- Hosted by Brigitte Heitland of Zen Chic - Zen Chic Blog
- Fabric Update: Dance in Paris has shipped!
June through August 2021 – Sampler Spree
- Starting date – Wednesday, June 9 Launch with Wednesday, June 16 sewing start date.
- Duration – 3 months.
- Collection – Your choice!
- Book – Sampler Spree – 100+ Fresh & Fun Quilt Blocks by Susan Ache for Martingale. (B1566). In Shops NOW!
- Hosted by - Susan Ache on Instagram - @yardgrl60 - and Moda. (Us!)
- Exclusive content shared in the Moda Block Heads Facebook Group.
- Where to get a book? These shops have books on the way - Sampler Spree Books.
- Week 1 Color and Blocks - June 16!
Beat the Heat!... Summer Fun!
May-August 2021 – Moda Bake Shop Summer Camp ~ Summer In The Garden
- Summer In The Garden QAL Blog Posts
- Fabric Requirements - May 17
- May 24 - Setting No. 1 - Garden Party Quilt
- May 31 - Setting No. 2 - Garden Tea Quilt
- Meet the Designers
- June 14 - First block posted.
- Duration – 3 months - June 14 through September 6
- Fabric - Information coming soon.
- Pattern - Blocks will be shared every Monday on The Cutting Table blog.
- Hosted by Moda Bake Shop.
June and July 2021 – A Scrapbook of Quilts ~ A Pillow-Along
- Starting date – Tuesday, June 29
- Duration – 8 weeks
- Fabrics - Your scraps or a favorite collection.
- Book – A Scrapbook of Quilts by Joanna Figueroa of Fig Tree & Co. and Carrie Nelson - ISE 945.
- Hosted by Joanna Figueroa and Carrie Nelson on Instagram.
- Each week will feature a pillow project made with one of the blocks-projects in the book, with variations and tips being shared.
- Each of the six weeks will also have a theme for the pillow - seasonal decor!
- #pillowalong & #scrapbookofquilts
Ruby Star Society Jelly Roll Rainbow
- Starting date – late July
- Duration – 4 weeks
- Collection – Featured collection is Speckled New Colors by Rashida Coleman-Hale – RS5027JRN2.
- Pattern – RSS Jelly Roll Rainbow Free Pattern
- Hosted by Ruby Star Society on Instagram - @rubystarsociety
- #rubystarsociety & #jellyrollrainbowqal
July 2021 – Oh Scrap and Hustle & Bustle
- Starting date – July 15. (Subject to change depending on fabric delivery.)
- Duration – 6 weeks
- Fabrics – 1 Fat Quarter bundle of BasicGrey’s Hustle & Bustle (30660AB)
- Pattern/Book – Surrounded from Oh Scrap! By Lissa Alexander – B1440 Martingale
- Hosted by Lissa Alexander - www.modalissa.com
July 2021 – Words to Live By
- Starting date – July. (Subject to change depending on fabric delivery.)
- Duration –3 months
- Collection – Words to Live By by Stacie Bloomfield for Gingiber
- Pattern – Words to Live By by Gingiber (GB056) or Words to Live By is also a Moda Kit – KIT48320.
- Gingiber’s Words to Live By Panel is required to make this quilt – 48320 11.
- Hosted by Stacie Bloomfield of Gingiber on Instagram - @gingibermakes
On-Going... aka there's still time to catch up!
April through September 2021 – Spring Brook Blossoms
- Starting date – April 19
- Duration – 6 months with new blocks released the 3rd Monday of each month.
- Collection – Spring Brook by Corey Yoder of Coriander Quilts. (Or whatever collection desired.)
- These are Free Blocks shared by Corey on her blog - www.corianderquilts.com
- Fabric Requirements for Spring Brook Blossoms
- Sign up for Corey's Newsletter to receive posts via e-mail, or find the Spring Brook Blossoms posts HERE.
March - June 2021 – Happy Days
- Starting date – Monday, February 22.
- Pattern: The instructions Nine Patch Square Dance are in the April 2021 issue of American Patchwork & Quilting.
- Duration – 10 weeks. From February 22 to May 2.
- Collection – Happy Days by Sherri & Chelsi
- Fabric Requirements – 2 Honey Buns, 1 Charm Pack, 3 ¼ yards for background – 37065 11, 1/8 yard for sashing squares – 37604 24, 7/8 yard for outer border – 37601 18, and 5/8 yard for binding – 37603 15.
- Hosted by Sherri McConnell - www.aquiltinglife.com - and American Patchwork & Quilting - Happy Days Quilt-Along.
- Fabric Update: Happy Days pre-cuts have shipped.
February 2021 – APQ Bright New Day Block of the Month
- Starting date – February 15, 2021
- Duration – 12 months
- Collection – Bella Solids
- Pattern – Free block downloads will be posted on the American Patchwork website the 15th of each month starting in February - Bright New Day Block of the Month
- Fabric Requirements – Bella Solids: 9900 51 – Buttercup – 1.125 yds / 9900 34 – Aqua – 1 yd. / 9900 147 – Coral – 1 yd. / 9900 75 – Lime – 1 yd. / 9900 200 – Off-White – 4.75 yds. / 9900 178 – Etchings Stone – 1.5 yds.
- There is a dedicated Facebook group for quilters to share blocks and tips.
- Hosted by American Patchwork & Quilting.
January through December 2021 – My Favorite Color is Moda
- Starting date – Monday, January 4, 2021
- New blog posts the first Tuesday of each month.
- Duration – 12 months.
- Collection – Bella Solids and My Favorite Color is Moda Bella Palettes.
- Pattern Required – My Favorite Color is Moda Sampler Pattern Booklet (PS9900 21)
- Hosted by Moda - My Favorite Color is Moda
It'll Be Here Before You Know It... aka Fall 2021.
October 2021 – Stitch Pink & Together
- Starting date – Friday, October 1.
- Duration – 1 month
- Fabrics – Sincerely Yours by Sherri & Chelsi
- Pattern - Together by Sherri McConnell of A Quilting Life Designs – QLD 210 required. (This is not a free BOW.)
- Hosted by Sherri McConnell & Moda Fabrics
- This QAL will include video tutorials for each group of blocks.
As with the last calendar, we'll update this as dates and information changes.
And when we have quilt-alongs to add.